So for this week's Starting Off Project the topic is Bronzer. I've had my fair share of Bronzers but I have never been able to find the perfect one. There are so many that are 'raved over' that its hard to pick out the best one. I do think that there isn't a bronzer that is universally perfect for everyone. We all have different skin types/colours so Bronzers can look different on us all. A very dark Bronzer can look too harsh on someone with very fair skin but perfect on someone with a darker skin tone. So you need to make sure you pick the right one for you! There are some requirements that I look for that I think you could apply for your Bronzer search.
001. Colour/Pigmentation... You want to try to find something that is the right colour and pigmentation for you. Do you want something with very good pigmentation? or something will a more diluted colour in order to get a more natural look? There are many colours of Bronzers so choose one that you think looks right on you
002. Ingredients... This can be very important if you have sensitive skin like me! I have had a bad reaction to some Bronzers, including high end ones! If you know ingredients that your skin doesn't work with try to avoid them.
003. Ignore the price...The best Bronzers can be pretty cheap, it doesn't necessarily have to be the most expensive to work the best (although of course there are exceptions). Find a Bronzer that you like, that your skin agrees with and that you think looks good!
At the moment my bronzer of choice is one my Superdrug's own brand of make up 'B.'. Currently, this bronzer is perfect for me. It is not a standard burnt orange Bronzer colour, it also has hints of a dark pink blush like colour. The mix of colours blends very well to make a soft Bronzer look. Personally, I think this works well for day and night.
Hope this helps!
Friday, 13 September 2013
Very soon I will be starting back at University in a new house, and in order to make it homely I've been looking around for additions to my room. Most student houses can look bland and boring, but I want to make my room stand out and as I will be spending a lot of time in my room studying I want it to be somewhere I enjoy! So here are some finds....
001. Argos Full Length Mirror ... A full length mirror is an essential for me!
002. Argos Lamp ... There isn't much natural lighting in my room so this decorative lamp would be perfect
003. Asda Hanging Heart .. Little additions like this heart make rooms a little more prettier and personal
004. Asda Mirror ... This would sit ideally on top of my fireplace and would be great for doing my make up
005. Matalan Clock ... Last year I always found myself looking round for the time so this is necessary!
006. Asda Flowers ... These scented flowers are a great concept to make my room look and smell nice
007. Asda Duvet Set ... I really like the elegant style of this damask print duvet cover
008. Matalan Bin ... The faux leather and the design spruce up a boring but very essential bin
009. Asda Cushion ... This cushion is cute and quirky and I think it would go very well in my room
That is all for now,